Similar Threads

  1. How To Dump Corona 4GB NAND Using Regular SD Card Reader
    By Xecuter in forum Team Xecuter News
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 26th March 14, 12:01
  2. [WANTED] TX Corona 4GB Nand Reader
    By bdh1689 in forum Request For Service Or Item
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20th December 12, 03:28
  3. [RGH] corona 4 gb Nand reader pad lifted
    By lqtdc in forum RGH / JTAG 4 Noobs
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 1st December 12, 17:09
  4. Corona v2 4Gb TX nand reader qsb
    By seanr28 in forum Xecuter CoolRunner / CR3 Lite Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th October 12, 17:25
  5. [RGH] Problem with nand read/write Corona V2 4gb SD card/reader
    By righi in forum The Noob Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29th September 12, 18:45
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5
    Skill Level
    Hardware
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Corona v2 4Gb TX nand reader qsb

    Hi.
    Received my Corona v2 nand reader today and I can't get i to work.

    I triple checked the soldering, it's all good.

    The problem is that j-runner shows the nand as 0mb.
    I've tried 5 different sd-readers.

    Is the nand reader picky on sd readers?
    I read somewhere that the xbox should be powered on when reading nand. Is that correct?
    Is it a step-by-step guide for this nand reader somewhere on these forums? I have searched, but can't find it.

    All help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colne, Lancashire (United Kingdom)
    Posts
    12,201
    Skill Level
    JTAG/RGH Installs & Repairs
    Thanks
    831
    Thanked 4,652 Times in 3,682 Posts

    Re: Corona v2 4Gb TX nand reader qsb

    Why are you trying different SD card readers?

    The 4GB R/W kit comes with an adapter.

    I suggest you post some images.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orbiting Sun
    Posts
    1,168
    Skill Level
    Troubleshooting People
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 389 Posts
    Did you try running JR as admin ?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In your Nand
    Posts
    1,866
    Skill Level
    Giving Anal to your XBOX360 Power Slot!
    Thanks
    175
    Thanked 367 Times in 306 Posts

    Re: Corona v2 4Gb TX nand reader qsb

    Lets see how well your soldering is...picture >: )

  5. #5
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5
    Skill Level
    Hardware
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Corona v2 4Gb TX nand reader qsb

    Quote Originally Posted by BL4K3Y View Post
    Why are you trying different SD card readers?

    The 4GB R/W kit comes with an adapter.

    I suggest you post some images.
    Well, when the first sd-reader I tried didn't work, I tried another, then another and so on.
    The 4gb r/w kit comes with a "micro to standard size sd card adapter", but there's no sd-reader included.
    I tried the built in sd-reader in two of my computers (using the adapter), I also tried three different micro sd usb readers.

    @stefanounick: I tried running it as admin, but no difference. Thanks for the input.

    I can assure you my soldering is good, but I will post pictures in a short while.

    In the meantime, can someon please answer the following questions?
    Am I supposed to turn on the xbox when reading the nand?
    If yes, how should the xbox behave when turned on? Boot to dash?

    Thanks.
    Pics up in a short while.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In your Nand
    Posts
    1,866
    Skill Level
    Giving Anal to your XBOX360 Power Slot!
    Thanks
    175
    Thanked 367 Times in 306 Posts

    Re: Corona v2 4Gb TX nand reader qsb

    Quote Originally Posted by TotoRiina View Post
    Well, when the first sd-reader I tried didn't work, I tried another, then another and so on.
    The 4gb r/w kit comes with a "micro to standard size sd card adapter", but there's no sd-reader included.
    I tried the built in sd-reader in two of my computers (using the adapter), I also tried three different micro sd usb readers.

    @stefanounick: I tried running it as admin, but no difference. Thanks for the input.

    I can assure you my soldering is good, but I will post pictures in a short while.

    In the meantime, can someon please answer the following questions?
    Am I supposed to turn on the xbox when reading the nand?
    If yes, how should the xbox behave when turned on? Boot to dash?

    Thanks.
    Pics up in a short while.
    Your XBOX360 should be in standby mode meaning, you just plug it in without pressing power button. then you should get nand readings!

    The Following User Says Thank You to oO Elite Oo For This Useful Post:



  7. #7
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5
    Skill Level
    Hardware
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Corona v2 4Gb TX nand reader qsb

    Here are the pics.
    I only have my iphone cam, so it's not the best pictures.
    Tried taking the pic from two different angles.
    Hope these are good enough.

    Thanks in advance.




  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orbiting Sun
    Posts
    1,168
    Skill Level
    Troubleshooting People
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 389 Posts

    Re: Corona v2 4Gb TX nand reader qsb

    you need to solder a point on the other side too if you havent done already
    just try reading, and see if it can read
    • The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware engineer with a software patch, and a user with an idea.

    The Following User Says Thank You to stefanounick For This Useful Post:



  9. #9
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5
    Skill Level
    Hardware
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Corona v2 4Gb TX nand reader qsb

    It works!
    Thanks for your help.

    Btw, that was some fast nand-reading.
    48mb in 3 secs.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Orbiting Sun
    Posts
    1,168
    Skill Level
    Troubleshooting People
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 389 Posts

    Re: Corona v2 4Gb TX nand reader qsb

    yeah, writing ecc in milliseconds
    maybe m$ should implement this on more xboxes :P
    • The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware engineer with a software patch, and a user with an idea.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    CZ
    Posts
    19
    Skill Level
    Standart
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Corona v2 4Gb TX nand reader qsb

    Quote Originally Posted by stefanounick View Post
    you need to solder a point on the other side too if you havent done already
    just try reading, and see if it can read
    What you mean from other side please ?

  12. #12
    Noob Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1
    Skill Level
    noob
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Corona v2 4Gb TX nand reader qsb

    Quote Originally Posted by TotoRiina View Post
    It works!
    Thanks for your help.

    Btw, that was some fast nand-reading.
    48mb in 3 secs.

    Great that it worked but please enlighten us still stuggling what it was that made it work in the end please.

    Thanks

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •